The purpose of this position is to assist in implementing the Presbytery’s vision and programs by overseeing the administration and developing and maintaining media and communications to grow and enhance relationships within the Presbytery.
The Communication Coordinator will relate to:
- The Resource Presbyter as project/vision collaborator, colleague, support and supervisor.
- The Stated Clerk as project collaborator, colleague, support, and supervisor in the absence of the Resource Presbyter.
- Other elected staff, officers, committee chairs and volunteers as resource.
- Pastors and teaching elders as a resource and aide in communications/media matters.
- The Council with whom s/he works on issues of accountability and job performance.
Strengthen ties between the Presbytery, its pastors and churches through appropriate forms of communication, including the use of social media.
- Evaluate the Presbytery’s current modes of communication for efficacy and connectional impact.
- Investigate the possibility of using new modes of communication for the Presbytery, including social media outlets and the development of an app.
- Be available to pastors, members, and Presbytery Committee/Commission chairs as needed.
- Be available to attend special events within the Presbytery if requested to by the Resource Presbyter and/or Stated Clerk.
Ensure that lines of communication are open and functioning within the Presbytery in order to share resources and information effectively.
- Work collaboratively with the Resource Presbyter and Stated Clerk as a contact point for queries within the Presbytery.
- Forward queries/information/ideas, particularly from the Presbytery email account, to appropriate people/committees/commissions.
- Help to communicate details of training events and other special events within the Presbytery.
- Help to plan and advertise Presbytery Day and other appropriate Presbytery events/functions.
In close conjunction with the Resource Presbyter and Stated Clerk, maintain the basic administrative and webmaster duties of the Presbytery.
- Function as Webmaster by:
- updating webpages with appropriate resources, dates, photos, and attachments.
- creating new webpages as needed.
- responding to requests for new user logins or lost login information.
- keeping Presbytery directory up-to-date.
- providing technical support to Committee chairs.
- Prepare and distribute stated meeting packets via the website.
- Maintain Presbytery of Boston primary email account.
- Collect and distribute physical mail sent to the Presbytery office.
- Prepare and send weekly Presbytery of Boston e-connection newsletter.
- Arrange and distribute monthly Presbytery bulletin insert.
- Attend and assist with Presbytery meetings.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND EVALUATION: Council
The Communication Coordinator will be supervised by the Resource Presbyter and accountable to the Council. S/he will receive additional support from Presbytery staff and council. The Communications Coordinator will work for a probationary period of four months; during the third month of this period, there will be a formal job review.
This Position Description will be revisited and revised twelve months following the hire of the Communications Coordinator in order to assess the whether the position is meeting the needs of the Presbytery.
Applications consisting of a cover letter, resume, and three references should be submitted to email@example.com by September 30.