In accordance with the provisions in the Book of Order, the committee shall:
- Serve as an advocate for the representation of both women and men, of persons of all ages and racial and ethnic groups, persons from all states in the presbytery’s geographical areas, and of persons with any handicapping or disabling conditions, in this presbytery.
- Report annually to the stated clerk of this presbytery and the stated clerk of the Synod of the Northeast any extent to which the membership of the presbytery, and its bodies, falls short of the inclusiveness and participation requirements set forth in the Book of Order (G-3.0103).
- Recommend to the sessions through the stated clerk changes in their commissioners to presbytery that would help the presbytery membership better comply with the requirements of the Book of Order (G-3.0103).
- Consult with the nominating committee in order that the presbytery's committees might as nearly as possible fulfill the requirements of the Book of Order (G-3.0103).
- Remind the council of the principles of participation and representation set forth in the Book of Order (F-1.0403).