Committee on Education for Mission—invites, reviews and evaluates proposals for mission; recommends allocation of presbytery’s mission funds; provides leadership for Presbytery wide programs in Christian Education, campus ministry, peace and justice, youth events.
Our responsibilities include:
- Invite proposals for mission grants and submit proposals with Committee's and Presbytery Council's recommendations to Presbytery for action.
- View our Grant page for more information and applications.
- Make recommendations for additional ways to allocate the mission funds of the Presbytery.
- Take a leading role in establishing and organizing Presbytery-wide Mission Fairs.
- Share mission-related communications from the General Assembly, Synod, and other denominations and bodies with the Presbytery.
- Provide leadership and support for ministries in Education, Peace and Justice, and Youth Programs:
- A Presbytery-wide Christian Education program (including an annual Christian Education event)
- Christian Educators and Christian Education resources for churches.
- A liaison with campus ministries and related organizations in the Presbytery.
- A Presbytery-wide peace program.
- Presbytery witness on social justice issues.
- Regional ministry, outreach, and mission projects.
- Presbytery participation in national PC (USA)-related youth events.
- A Presbytery youth program.